Sunday, December 22, 2013

pictures and trees..

fall has always been my favorite, but december is really giving it a run for it's money.   i love the decorating, shopping for THE perfect gifts, and bows on everything that december brings.  i don't mean to brag, but i think our tree this year (ahem, named douglas the second.. read more about tree-naming here) is better than last.  and henry has mostly left it alone so far, the first few days were dicey and he was caught with needles and branches in his mouth more than a few times.  but we didn't decorate the bottom 25% of the tree, and our fingers are crossed it will survive the season.



now it's days from christmas and all my shopping is done (minus maybe an outfit for myself...a girl's got to look good!), gifts are wrapped, the only thing left to be done is the baking.   i have plans to make my famous salted chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter chocolate fudge, and a salted caramel apple pie.  luckily i have off all this week.

tim and i went out a few weeks ago with the tripod and took some christmas card pics, i think we didn't do half bad for it being super windy and cold.  and you can hardly tell i'm clutching the camera remote in between our two hands, right? RIGHT? (lie to me) 



merry christmas to you and yours!   
 
xo
kate

p.s. who doesn't love a good outtake?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your tree and the photo of the two of you - gorgeous! Happy holidays xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! I might need to copy that next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Merry Christmas banner in my living room. Good ole Target!

    Have a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fabulous!! i love it! Merry Christmas to you guys!! And send my love to Mr. H :) XO

    ReplyDelete