Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Fun...

Weekends go by WAY too fast around here lately. 

There is so much stuff to do around the house, and we have barely started on the outside.  Dandelions galore.  Sorry neighbors (though it needs to be said that we are not the only offenders on our street).  Tim mows the lawn, but we have a LOT of work to do to get it looking decent.  Friday night we enjoyed a little happy hour on the deck, and I played around with my NEW lens.  I can't be bothered to read directions, so all pictures were trial and error.
On Saturday our friends, Vicky & Dave, came to visit and check out our new place.  They brought cupcakes and ladder golf, so they're welcome back any time.
These.cupcakes.were.AMAZING. 
Plus it was one of my favorite days: DERBY DAY!  I used to ride horses, yet I still pick the winning horses based on looks & funny names.  I did not win (the entire pot was $4), but I wore a big hat and shouted at the tv. Next year there will be mint juleps, mark my words.

Today Melissa and I went to "Oh Wow Cow" for the best ice cream ever.  I had a scoop of cinnamon bourbon + a scoop of mint choco chip, Melissa had a scoop of blueberry lemon + a scoop cookies & cream.  They had other awesome flavors like lemon ginger, mango habanero, choco covered pretzels, blood orange, etc.  We will definitely be going back.

Oh, and they had Fizzy Lizzy soda which I love. 
Oh, and then when we went to Target we saw they are putting a Rue 21 in that shopping center.  We think (or hope) it's like Forever 21, sooo hopefully we're not wrong!  F21 is my fave. I'm still in my twenties so it's not wrong to love that store, right? RIGHT.

How was your weekend?
xo

8 comments:

  1. ladder golf is so fun! I call it something different though, but it is kinda dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those cupcakes look amazing. I'm having a sugar craving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, they were worth every calorie. i am on a sugar binge lately!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's hard not to have fun when ice cream and big hats are involved ;)

      Delete
  4. oh gosh, the drink and ice cream look absolutely delicious!! you'll have to let me know what you think of rue 21!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, there will be a full report ;)

      Delete