1. order breast pump through insurance. i found an approved medical supplier who has the one i want (medela) and got my prescription for it from my doctor, so now i think i just have to go pick it up!
2. finish up classes at the hospital. we did 2 saturday classes on birth and newborn care and have one class to go, the breastfeeding class - which we're scheduled to do in september.
3. maternity pics. booked a session with a local photographer - this was kind of last minute, i wasn't sure if i wanted to, but thought i might regret it if we don't. so, we have this scheduled for next weekend.
4. newborn pics. talked to our wedding photographers (we LOVE them) about newborn pics, we are going to pick a date/time once the baby is here.
5. baby shower. my mom, sister, tim's mom and sister threw me such an amazing shower. we are so so lucky and got a TON of stuff for baby hager. (i started writing this list before the shower, so now a lot of the to-do's are done!)
6. reading up on birth. i've been reading book after book from the library on birth/pregnancy. i think now i should start reading things on how to take care of this baby ;)
7. hang more things on the nursery wall. we have 2 baskets i want to hang in the nursery to store diapers and wipes, and i'd like to get a few more things. i'm contemplating leaving the wall above the dresser blank and getting one of these once we know who is in there. but my sister also painted a pretty canvas cloud picture for us, so i'm debating if we have room for both on that wall!
8. write thank you notes for shower gifts. finished! just dropped them in the mail today.
9. clear space in the kitchen for baby bottles/stuff. my friend danielle asked if we'd cleared space in the kitchen yet, and silly me but i hadn't really thought of it yet. so we need to sterilize bottles/nipples and figure out which cabinet makes the most sense.
10. attempt to prepare henry. we started playing baby noises this week, hen is a little confused/alarmed. but hopefully will be desensitized (mostly) by the time the baby shows up. he hasn't barked at the noise yet, and once he walked away to the front room. so that's not a bad reaction. we're also going to set a few baby gear things (pack n play) up downstairs so he starts to get used to this new stuff. i'm a little nervous about how he'll do because over the last year we've had some aggression related issues with him. more so directed at tim, which we thought might be him acting weird bc he senses my pregnancy. but also towards male friends (who he has met before and seemed fine with previously). we have been working with a trainer, and while he's not biting us the growling/guarding things needs to be under control before the baby arrives. and often he will snap when he doesn't like something we're doing (spraying carpet cleaner on the rug, wiping his slobbery face if we approach him instead of him approaching us) sometimes he goes a week and is fine, then he'll have a few days in a row where he will display aggressive behavior multiple times a day. he has bitten one of our friends and cannot be left off leash when we have visitors. he's not good with men, he has been fine with women so far but now we feel it's hard to trust him - as he's often wagging/growling simultaneously (control/conflict is what our trainer calls it) before lunging/snapping. so, he's a work in progress and one of my main concerns lately.
11. set up henry/hospital plan. my ideal plan is that i have the baby sometime late night so that henry has already had dinner and just sleeps, and then tim can go home in the morning hours after the baby arrives to feed him breakfast (the hospital is less than 10 mins away). should we place odds on that actually happening? so, we asked tim's sister to be on-call for him to feed him/let him out. he's pretty good with her as she used to let him out for us when he was a puppy and couldn't hold it all day (tim didn't work from home permanently like he does now). i'm going to have a hard time relaxing until i know he's taken care of and was fine with the caretaker though. like the crazy helicoptor dog mom i am. my mom will be the back up if tim's sister isn't available. high maintenance dog.
12. tie up all the loose ends at work. i recently started a new job at the same company, so i'm still learning a lot which is definitely not the ideal time to take a 9 or 10 week leave, but i'm sure it will all work out. my boss is taking over my projects while i'm out of the office, and we timed this so well that i can use 2014 PTO and some 2015 PTO in conjunction with the short term disability (maternity leave in the US is not cool). so i think i'll have about 9 or 10 weeks home with the baby before he/she has to go to daycare.
13. pack our hospital bag. my apps keep talking about doing this soon, and i'm all, but i'm only 32 weeks! but i think soon it will be time! i want to pick up some trial size cosmetics so i'm not lugging heavy bottles around. any absolute must haves? i am definitely bringing things like: phone charger, camera, chapstick, comfy lounging clothes/pjs, going home outfit for baby h, ipod, swaddle blankets, etc.
i started writing this post a few weeks ago and had to go back and update some things on the list, but i'm pleasantly surprised at how much we have done! i wouldn't be mad if baby hager wanted to be an (end of) october baby! (i'm due 11/6).
okay, here are my usual weekly stats: